Make sure you have some great photos to help you remember your graduation day. You could:
- take your own, at one of the photo spots suggested below;
- download your FREE group photos from St. Paul's here, courtesy of the Alumni Office;
- share the photo galleries posted on the Alumni Facebook page;
- pay for professional photos by Tempest Photography.
Photo spots on campus
Our tip is put 30 minutes aside before you start celebrating to get lots of pictures around campus. You’ll have your own favourite spots, but here are some suggestions for great places to snap some shots on your big day:
- by the University of Huddersfield sign at the main entrance to campus (near St. Paul’s);
- outside St Paul’s;
- in the plaza with Art, Design and Architecture building, Student Central and the main Central Services Building in the background;
- with the #HudGrad prop;
- in front of the big glass window in the Schwann atrium, with St. Paul’s in the background;
- in front of the wall that has a full backdrop University of Huddersfield logos on it, on level 4 of the Schwann Building opposite the Amazon lockers;
- on the bridge over the canal;
- next to the canal on the Business School side;
- outside the building you studied in – you’ll want to remember later where you spent all that time!
- If you're not from the Huddersfield area and want to get some scenic shots, head up to Castle Hill for some pictures with amazing Yorkshire views. It's only 5 minutes’ drive from campus.
Remember – photos of groups throwing their caps in the air look great, but those corners can really hurt if they land on your head! (And you may have to pay the hire company if the cap is damaged.)