Photos at Graduation
Make sure you have some great photos to help you remember your graduation day. You could:
- take you own, at one of the photo spots suggested below;
- download your FREE platform and group photos, courtesy of the Alumni Office*;
- share the photo galleries posted on the Alumni Facebook page;
- pay for professional photos by Tempest Photography.
The official photographers will take a picture of you, circumstances permitting, as your degree is conferred on the stage. This will be available later from their website. *Please note we cannot guarantee that all graduates will have their picture taken, but the vast majority have in the past.
FREE Group photo
Everyone’s so busy celebrating on the big day it can be hard to get all your classmates together for a photo. So to help, the Alumni Office arranges for a group photo to be taken in St Pauls’ just before the start of the ceremony. We then post these photos on the Alumni Facebook page so that you can share it with friends or family, or download it for free. *Remember though, if you are sitting behind a pillar or too far off to the sides, you won’t be in the picture. Be sure to listen out for instructions from the photographer and the stewards to make sure you can be seen. Sadly we can’t airbrush you in later, or get everyone back for another go!
FREE Linkedin Profile Photo - Our gift to you
Photo galleries on Facebook
Our University photographers will be roaming the campus at graduation. Their pictures will be posted on the Alumni Facebook page as soon as possible after each ceremony so that you can share them with friends and family. They can't snap everyone, but if they take your picture, remember to smile!
Photo spots on campus
Our tip is put 30 minutes aside before you start celebrating to get lots of pictures around campus. You’ll have your own favourite spots, but here are some suggestions for great places to snap some shots on your big day:
- by the University of Huddersfield sign at the main entrance to campus (near St. Paul’s);
- outside St Paul’s;
- in the plaza with Student Central and the main Central Services Building in the background;
- on the stairs of the Ramsden Building (old wood panelling backdrop) or Harold Wilson Building (glass tiles and steel backdrop);
- in front of the big glass window in the Schwann atrium, with St. Paul’s in the background;
- in front of the wall that has University of Huddersfield logos on it, on level 4 of the Schwann Building opposite the Amazon lockers;
- on the bridge over the canal;
- next to the canal on the Business School side;
- outside the building you studied in – you’ll want to remember later where you spent all that time!
- If you're not from the Huddersfield area and want to get some scenic shots, head up to Castle Hill for some pictures with amazing Yorkshire views. It's only 5 minutes’ drive from campus.
Remember – photos of groups throwing their caps in the air look great, but those corners can really hurt if they land on your head! (And you may have to pay the hire company if the cap is damaged.)
Photos TO BUY
A professional photographer from Tempest Photography will be available on campus if you want to pay to have photos taken.You may like to use their online pre-booking service, designed to save you time on the day. It gives you access to a wider choice of photograph packages and allows you to book a studio time to suit you. Alternatively, you can choose and make payment on the day. For more information on the types of packages available, please see www.tempest-graduations.co.uk/. The photography studios will be located on the University Campus and have disabled/wheelchair access.